Quick Exercise to Improve Your Eyesight
Marc R. Grossman, O.D., L.Ac., has devoted the past thirty years to help improve people’s eyesight through nutrition, lifestyle changes, and eye exercises.
He is co-founder of Natural Eye Care, an international lecturer on this subject, and author of four books on vision and natural eye care.
In the following video you can learn three of his favorite free eye exercises.
Video of 3 Free Eye Exercises
1. Figure 8:
- Move your eyes in the shape of a figure 8 for at least 10 breaths.
- This exercise increases the flexibility of your extraocular muscles.
2. Hot Dog:
- Hold your fingers about 8 inches in front of your face at eye level. They should be pointing each other.
- Look across the room while being aware of your fingers and you will see a little “hot dog” floating between your fingers.
- After this, look directly at your fingers and the hot dog will disappear.
- Repeat the same procedure by looking across the room and seeing the hot dog, and then back at your fingers.
- Go back and forth 15 times, 2 breaths getting the hot dog and 2 breaths losing the hot dog.
- Use eye focusing and strengthening exercises like for better vision.
- Rub both your hands together to generate heat.
- Close your eyes gently and put your palms on your eyes. Relax into the blackness.
- Breathe into the palms of your hands for about ten breaths.
- Can do this exercise after working on the computer, after watching television, reading, when your eyes feel strained.
- Although different from the two eye muscle exercises above, palming is one of many yoga eye exercises you can use for natural eyesight.
These types of eye exercises eliminate stress and will bring healing energy to your eyes to improve vision.
To learn more, click for > Natural Eye Care