When diet sodas were first introduced, they appeared to be the best thing since sliced bread. The idea was that you could drink limitless amounts of soda without having to count the calories and therefore avoid worrying about weight gain. The reality about these calorie free drinks is that they are very bad for your health and I would advise anyone drinking what I call DIE-FROM-IT sodas simply TO STOP. Here’s why you shouldn’t be drinking diet fizzy drinks.
The diet industry advertises these drinks as so-called healthy alternatives. Using the power of advertising as a strategy to reward yourself without any negative effects, i.e. gaining weight. In fact, by drinking these drinks you might even be able to improve your sexual prowess, just stop to think for a minute how ridiculous a concept this is!!!!!!!!
- Weight gain: Daily intake of diet sodas has been very much linked to weight gain and long term use can increase the chances of obesity by up to 500%. Any information promoting diet drinks for weight loss is ILL ADVISED.
- Diabetes: It has been discovered that all artificial sweeteners, such as the ones used for diet sodas, can cause glucose intolerance which can lead to insulin resistance and type 2 diabete.
- Gut Bacteria: Artificial sweeteners are also implicated in disrupting the balance of good and bad bacteria in your gut which is so important for a healthy life because a healthy gut means a healthy body.
- Rotten Teeth: The acids in diet sodas can corrode your teeth. How? They lower the pH of the saliva in your mouth which allows bacteria to multiply on the surface of your teeth causing erosion, bad breath and poor oral hygiene.
- Weak Bones: The phosphoric acid in the sodas depletes calcium from the bones leading to a reduction in bone density later in life. This is the same for both sugar free and sugary fizzy drinks.
- Heart Attack: Researchers in America found an increased risk of heart attack or stroke by up to 48% in regular diet drink consumers over a period of 10 years. Now you know why I call them DIE-FROM-IT SODAS!
- Migraines: These diet drinks are a major causative agent in headaches so avoid them at all costs.
- Epilepsy: If you are on Epilepsy medication please take my advice and avoid diet sodas.