What Happens After You Stop Smoking? Learn How to Quit Smoking The Natural Way
Question for Dr. Leia: After many years of smoking regularly, I have finally quit. I would like to know if there are any holistic suggestions as to how I may help my body in the healing process. I now have a sensation in my lungs of being very heavy. I would like to encourage the cleaning process by using lung supporting herbs and/or food.
Dr. Leia’s Answer: Dear Tracy, Congratulations on your accomplishment! It has been shown that lungs can indeed clear themselves out after the smoking habit has been abated.
Here are a several helpful suggestions:
- Wear a mask when using strong chemicals.
- Stay away from air filters or cleaners which emit ozone into the air. These will further compromise or damage your lungs.
- Do not try to dry up your lung mucous…mucous may come up occasionally as it is the body’s method to expel the toxins from your lungs. Do not use anti-histamines. Expectorate the mucous as it comes up.
- Stay away from second-hand smoke and other strong toxic chemical odors.
- You might like to use a nasal wash occasionally, but not every day. Xlear nasal wash is a natural remedy made with zylitol and will purportedly kill viruses, bacteria, and fungus, and clear up sinus and mouth infections.
- Stay away from excess mucous producing foods such as dairy, milk products, ice cream, cheese etc. I realize that this may sound redundant and contradictory to what I mentioned above, but mucous producing food puts an added stress on the lungs.
- Aromatic herbs, spices, and foods theoretically affect the lungs. You might like to add rosemary, thyme, ginger, horse radish, and cayenne as spices to your diet.
- Get plenty of fresh air and aerobic outdoor exercise daily, or if you live near the ocean take deep cleansing breaths while watching the waves on the shore.
- Yoga exercise and yogic breathing may also helpful.
There are a number of natural remedies out on the market today which claim to clear up the lungs, but it is debatable whether these are effective or not. The lungs will self-clean if you give them the proper environment and avoid strong, harsh chemical inhalants and environmental pollution. Of course, you could try acupuncture and homeopathic remedies to assist you in your healing. The acupuncturist will work on your lung meridian and keep the vital energy or Chi freely moving and balanced, which should help to hasten the body’s natural healing process.
Dr. Leia Melead
Quit Smoking Tips
- Keep in mind that acute cravings for cigarettes usually lasts no more than five minutes.
- Keep in mind that with each passing success of not smoking, the nicotine cravings will be reduced.
- When cravings strike in may be beneficial to exercise moderately or take a walk.
- Be prepared with things to do when nicotine cravings attack. This will take your mind off the cravings.
- Do not go around or be around other people smoking.
- Eliminate drinking of alcoholic beverages while you work to quit smoking.
- Drink plenty of water.
- Consume plenty of raw vegetables and fibers.
- Avoid saturated fats, processed foods and sugars.
- It may be beneficial to eliminate toxins with a colon and liver cleanser such as Truman’s Best from Herbal Remedies.
- Avoid stress as much as possible during the quitting process.
- Although many report that sucking on hard candy that is tart can be helpful to relieve cravings, choose a sugar free variety to help stave off unwanted weight gain while you quit smoking.
Reading the tips above may engage some hope that quitting smoking is possible. Sure, our rational mature self with the best of intentions tells us we must quit. But that mystified part of us, perceiving life through a smoke screen, is completely freaking out, mistakenly believing that nothing is going to comfort us like smoking. That’s why we have featured the following program to help you stop smoking with the support you need for long lasting results.
You Can Stop Smoking
We already know all we need to about the dangers of smoking. Yet we keep on doing it. Why? Of course, nicotine addiction…keep reading to learn how to stop smoking by transforming the deep seated reasons for your compulsion to smoke..
The Stop Smoking program summons really works. You will release your self-denying
delusions and enjoy a more enlightened perception of yourself along with the opportunity to improve your health. You will find more energy as you feel better about yourself.
You’ll be pleasantly surprised as you discover the usual symptoms of withdrawal are not there. You won’t have cravings and you will feel calmer and more relaxed. You will also be delighted to forgo the weight gain that is often associated with stopping smoking. You may even find yourself reducing weight while you feel encouraged to make healthy choices in many areas of your life.
If you are on the verge of making a decision to quit smoking please read further, if you already have made the decision then the Stop Smoking program will do more than just help you stop smoking, it is also designed to be a transformative experience on many different levels.
Many clients who finally decide to try this program have tried to quit smoking for years and decades, and by the time they try this program they usually are feeling pretty self defeated. I Am Smoke-Free Now Program is the success that will also build self-esteem as it increases the determination needed to stay smoke-free.
Read more about this effective program on HealthyNewAge, I am Smoke Free Now.
Important Supplements to Assist When You Decide to Quit Smoking for Good
Smokers will find that using Stabilized Oxygen daily helps to alleviate the effects of smoke damage
caused by cigarette smoking and drugs. Many laser therapies offer Stabilized Oxygen as part to learn more about the benefits of Stabilized Oxygen in the educational DVD Understanding MMS. Facinating story about a mineral solution which is a stronger source of Stabilized Oxygen that is getting a lot of press and attention
Cell Food is another good supplement which offers the body rich levels of oxygen and many other beneficial life force energies.