Written by Tracie Johansen
Take the initiative, and try some of these tips, and see what happens.
1. Pick out one feature you really like about yourself.
2. Write a list, of everything you’ve accomplished in the last 30 days. No matter how small, it may seem.
3. Smile at everybody you see today, and say “hi”.
4. Do something nice for someone in need.
5. Tell everyone you know, something you like about them you’ll be surprised at how happy you’ll make them as well as how good it will make you feel.
6. Look in the mirror, and tell yourself, you’re a good person. Talk to yourself and point out all the good things
you do for other people.
7. Give yourself a relaxing foot massage.
8. Take time for yourself, relax and read a good book.
9. Buy yourself some flowers just “because.”
10. Go to the park and play on the swings.
11. Take a nature walk with your friends or family, see who can find the most unusual rocks, leaves, etc.
12. Take time to just sit and relax in a comfortable chair while closing your eyes and connect with the memory of a time when you were filled with laughter. See if you can ignite the same feeling again.
For fun, see how many more things you can add to this list to treat your self-esteem issues. Then keep it handy. When ever you catch yourself feeling a little blue you will have just the right antidote.